PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 28th Mar 2022, 14:05
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Gittins
Looking at posts 250 and 255 and wholly speculatively, how could a reduction in thrust at top of descent instead have activated a thrust reverser ? Did somebody say they have only found one engine ? Post 214 and nobody has rushed it to say it's wrong.
Dave it means that on the photo and video material that I have seen, there was only one engine visible (suprisingly - with the fan side up) next to a pool of water that they called the 'first pond', the circumference appeared quite intact, but the engine somewhat flattened. I did not observe the removal of that engine from the mud. And did not see the other engine. Indeed nobody commented on this then or later. So we dont know if it is the left or right hand engine that was found.

I did observe for example the removal of the outerwing/winglet from the deep mud, and the removal of a top of one big MLG fragment including trunnions. And observed the handling of the FDR 'can' just after it was found. The CVR can was a Honeywell.

The investigation reports things like 24,000 earlier and yesterday 33,777 pieces found in their press conferences, but does not make statements on the four corners or main components that have been found, apart from the CVR and FDR. They appear to have established a pretty thorough process chain for filtering, handling and identifying parts, so that information should be available by now. That they dont make that public may or may not be surprising.

Last edited by A0283; 28th Mar 2022 at 14:43. Reason: some additions and typos