PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2022, 10:24
dead_pan

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I personally think a ceasefire would be a bad thing, Russia is on its backfoot, it is lacking supplies, fuel, arms and moral, having a ceasefire would allow reinforcements to be brought up and troops resupplied, something that would be of benefit of them but to the detriment of the Ukrainians.
I agree. My only concern is that Russia has seemingly an endless supply of crappy troops and kit to throw into the maw. Even if the Ukrainian military kill 10 Russian troops for every one of theirs lost I still reckon Putin will keep going. This really could be the eastern front all over again.

I was watching MSNBC news last night and the retired US General and ex high ranking Government offical was saying we should be arming the Ukraine to the teeth, and that included M1 Tanks.
Not sure that MBTs will really change the situation on the ground, especially given the prevalence of anti-armour weaponry on both sides. Given the only significant weapon of note in Russia's locker is its artillery, anything to take this on could be a game changer - counter-battery radar, drones etc. The likes of Switchblade could really make a difference here.