PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2022, 08:23
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In your opinion, but our sources, mine ultra reliable, differ. Think back to the year prior to Jet2 announcing Stansted, slots, not a problem, stands, again not an issue

The sound of twisted arms could be heard from the soon to be destroyed, Wigmore Park (or whatever it is called now).

What has MAG got to do with a Leeds based commercial airline?

Massive base Jet2 has at Bournemouth....... Mind you, pre Covid, that was happening.
Without evidence of those sources, your argument is still only hearsay.

The fact is, LTN would never have been able to take the capacity LS has put into BHX or STN. I'm sure, as with any airline in any drive for significant growth plans - all options were considered, LGW, maybe SEN too I'm sure.

This scenario of yours where LTN was somewhat superior in their initial plans is totally unevidenced. I personally find hard it would've been, considering the market overlap with BHX, where too they have invested very heavily. That's not to say talks didn't possibly progress to quite an advanced stage. Plus it hardly matters now, because they've clearly done well with BHX, STN, and BRS is establishing itself quite well it seems too. That's not to say LTN will never happen of course.

Btw, MAG sold BOH in 2017.