PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF combat aircraft numbers
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2022, 07:48
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
No problem at all! Your recent post did not make steam issue from my ears at all, I was just pointing out the facts as I recall them, not having a pop at you as such. As for the current Abingdon, Dalton Barracks, its closure was announced in the "better Defence estate" announcement some years ago, not sure when as that awful example of Tory short termism announced the closure of some 90 sites well before they had even considered where the existing units would be relocated. In fact a recent admission to the defence select committee confessed that the planned savings would be completely missed and that the planned closure programme was in disarray and would most likely not be completed.
No probs pr00ne, if its accepted I think I've managed to secure a last minute two or three word correction, its amazing how you can change a complete sentence, paragraph even, simply by changing a word or two. As Beagle alludes, the Tories haven't exactly lived up to their oft claimed reputation for being strong on defence. I can't see the Chancellor easily agreeing to any kind of revision of defence spending either. Certainly not that would result in an increase.

FB