PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 25th Mar 2022, 12:21
Amadis of Gaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5strypes
This seems borderline xenophobic. But to answer your passive aggressive question, I'd imagine because there are far greater historical ties between Ireland and the USA. I'd bet a large cohort of senators could trace roots back, just a handful of generations, to Ireland. Including Joe Biden himself. There already exists a fairly extensive trade network between the US and Ireland.

And to answer the previous question, I'd say not as many as Oz. Though with Stobart Air disappearing (albeit replaced by Emerald) and Ryanair with their questionable contracts, I'd wager there would be some takers.
Personally, I love Ireland, just got back from my fourth trip there in three years, in fact, I'm working on buying a house somewhere in Mayo or Galway, but even I find your argument not over and above solid. At any rate, shouldn't it go both ways due to all these "ties"? Can I apply to AerLingus without going through EU work permit process etc? Mind you, I'm easily eligible for the Irish Stamp Zero, but still...