PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volunteer Gliding School Futures
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2003, 03:14
HOODED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

All good sentiments folks BUT I find it very sad when an RAFGSA Gliding Club is being kicked out of it's airfield because the ATC Gliding school wants to move in another school using real gliders alongside the current school operating Motor Gliders. Whilst I myself went solo with the ATC many years ago, I find it incredible that I, as a serving member of the RAF, am no longer allowed to fly at Syerston as suddenly it is aparently too dificult for us to operate alongside the ATC schools. These schools are manned by VR(T) not full time serving members and although they do a good job for the RAF encoraging todays youth into flying, why is it they are so inflexable?
Try going to some civilian airfields where Power, Gliders, Microlights and even parachutists operate safely alongside each other.
Myself and many other members of the gliding club spend lots of time away working for our lords and masters and our recreation is now being taken away by one senoir officer who wants the whole airfield for his own part time Air Force.
I have no gripe with the majority of the people running these schools some of whom also find it amazing that we cannot operate safely alongside each other.
Maybe it's a sign of the times that VR(T) are now more important than Serving personnel!