PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 20:14
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
This is a strange market and I do hope they don't jump in because some Hotels are now idle because the Russian & Ukraines are no longer coming so offering some smart deals, but then again plenty of ex TUI and Easy ex management work for Jet2 now so should understand local requirements.
If they get it wrong it's a big commitment of a days flying when you could have got 2x ALC in during the same flighttime.
TUI are always going to have the upper hand feeding pax from Germany, Belgium along with UK.
I'll throw something out there, how about a DUB base to test EU market?
I think jet2 are quite shrewd. I suspect like other destination's it'll be slow at first before it becomes big. They have to do something with 75 of the A321's coming and Egypt ties them up nicely. Sharm and Hurgahda alongside maybe Marsa Alam. The only other way of utilising the A321 would be Cape Verde launch but think TUI have that covered.

DUB would be a good shout - but then would they want LGW first above that?

It'll be interesting to see where Jet2 head with extra aircraft to keep busy in the winter. One suspects contracts with Canadian airlines maybe drawn up to provide extra uplift during their peak season.