PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 19:29
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
MAN is by some margin the biggest base. Then BHX probably has the edge over STN, which is probably slightly bigger than LBA by seat capacity since it has the A321's planned in again. LBA I think is still a mix of 738 and 733s, though correct me if I'm wrong.

Thereafter NCL is a good bit ahead now of the smaller bases having picked up the ex EZY/TCX demand. Before then EMA was slightly ahead, though with the growth of the BHX base has reduced down to just 6 aircraft, which puts it about level with GLA. Capacity permitting, I'm sure BRS will still have a lot to deliver and will eventually become more prominant in the network.
LBA is 738/733 - I suspect when the NEO's start to arrive there will be some placed at LBA to allow growth. LBA never really struggle filling the 75 for Jet2 day in day out.

I think you are right. There will be two levels of bases - large and small to moderate. Large will include MAN, STN, BHX, LBA and BRS. Small to Moderate will be BFS, GLA, EDI, NCL and EMA. Palma in it's own right was a big base when opened, and if you considered that on it's own, is larger then EMA and possibly even NCL.

Now if they were to ever go into LGW it would be interesting to see what would happen re: capacity at bases.