PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots now allowed to apply for a Green Card?
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 18:25
5strypes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Climb150
I love how something that was negotiated in the Australia/USA free trade agreement has been jumped on by the Irish.

If Ireland wants visas get your own free trade agreement. Oh that's right you can't because you are part of the EU.

Why does Ireland get them all. Why not Korea and maybe Taiwan? What makes Ireland so special.
This seems borderline xenophobic. But to answer your passive aggressive question, I'd imagine because there are far greater historical ties between Ireland and the USA. I'd bet a large cohort of senators could trace roots back, just a handful of generations, to Ireland. Including Joe Biden himself. There already exists a fairly extensive trade network between the US and Ireland.

And to answer the previous question, I'd say not as many as Oz. Though with Stobart Air disappearing (albeit replaced by Emerald) and Ryanair with their questionable contracts, I'd wager there would be some takers.