PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Stall Recovery
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 06:44
Haroon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In your profile view diagram, at position 1, if you're in a configuration that's ready for flight path recovery (thrust is increased and speedbrakes are in) at position 1, then you can already be doing the flight path recovery there, which effectively makes position 2 be the same place as position 1.
Not really, the way I look at it is this:

After adding thrust it will take some time for speed to be sufficient for flight path recovery. If we recover the path with insufficient speed a secondary warning might come. So the point of sufficient speed will be the point of flight path recovery and as per the book, that will be the time to take slats. Soon after adding thrust would go against the text of the book.

Other than the above speculation, it is quite probable many skilled people asked and tried, eventually coming to realize this is the optimal way .... Having the choice of good, better and optimal, the procedure designers must take the last one.
Yes of course, the idea for the discussion is not to challenge the optimum way suggested by the manufacturer. The answer I am looking for is not related to understanding of stall or how to recover from it. I am in search for "you can say" an aerodynamic logic related to taking slats during speed increase. Which factors made the manufacturer delay this step until flight path recovery. Could it be the initial drag of slats that might slow the overall speed increase or something else?

Note: I guess the statement in my initial post "Isn't earlier the better" might have created a confusion here, sorry about that.

Thankyou