PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK flight school suggestions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 23:21
Final24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twinotterifr
i received my EASA license after 31-12-2020, I completed my CPL/MEP/IR in Aug 2021. In the email received by UK CAA they informed me i needed to have ''completed UK CAA skill tests forms' specifically examiner reports for both CPL and IR.
I was in a very similar position having completed my EASA skills tests in April 2021. I had a similar email from the CAA which requested the UK CAA skills test reports. I was able to ask my examiners to fill these out by transferring the information from the EASA form to the UK form.

I think the main caveats being the process has to have been started within 6 months of the earliest skills test and whether the CAA are in a position to waive the prior notification requirement for the skills tests. They did this for me based on confusing surrounding Brexit and to my knowledge I believe they are still allowing for this.

I was looking at resitting the skills tests for a UK licence, which would have cost upwards of £15k due extra training requirements etc. In the end it was just a case of renewing my UK medical, submitting the paperwork and paying the licence application fees. Definitely worth getting in touch with your examiners and asking the question.