PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 19:15
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe

Originally Posted by ATNotts
GLA and EDI were on my list of "possibles" but without a base at EMA or either of the Scottish airports operating at business friendly timings would be a challenge at present. They are taking a risk offering Scottish services from BHX up against EZY, but as I posted on the Flybe thread I reckon they are betting on EZY moving aircraft of the BHX domestics to serve more profitable routes between UK and the continent during high summer - as they have with the BFS/EMA service. If that doesn't come to pass they may find BHX routes tough, and could conceivably shift the Scottish routes up the M42/A42; doing so wouldn't cut them off from all the BHX market, just the west and north sides of the West Midlands.
I would certainly would have considered EMA- Edinburgh over BHX-Glasgow that is for sure. easyjet increase BHX-GLA this Sunday and it is 3 per day some days and although it drops briefly high summer it is restored in September and I just don't see enough demand but of course there isn't an EDI or EMA base to operate it from and I am not sure BHX-EDI-EMA-EDI-BHX would work like the Amsterdam should.

Amsterdam-EMA last time was a success if load factors and fares were anything to go by - CAA stats for 2019 show 48462 pax, 707 flights which is 69 per flight or 88% which is higher than what I thought but shows demand if nothing else.

Pete