PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 09:13
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by egnxema
Fully agree ATNotts ! The LHR routes to BHD, LBA and AMS look dreadful choices, but I guess they are associated to the former bmi slots.

But the EMA routes should have every reason to succeed, and if BE manage to get a KL code on the AMS route it would be brilliant for EMA pax through ticketing to KL's global network. However, from my time at KL, their pilot unions keep very very tight control on which and how many partner airlines can carry a KL codeshare. But I am REALLY hoping for the codeshare and access to a network carriers hub from EMA.

Maybe the new BE will consider GLA, EDI, NQY, and CDG? (Although CDG is one of the worst hubs for connecting pax)
GLA and EDI were on my list of "possibles" but without a base at EMA or either of the Scottish airports operating at business friendly timings would be a challenge at present. They are taking a risk offering Scottish services from BHX up against EZY, but as I posted on the Flybe thread I reckon they are betting on EZY moving aircraft of the BHX domestics to serve more profitable routes between UK and the continent during high summer - as they have with the BFS/EMA service. If that doesn't come to pass they may find BHX routes tough, and could conceivably shift the Scottish routes up the M42/A42; doing so wouldn't cut them off from all the BHX market, just the west and north sides of the West Midlands.