PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 09:05
egnxema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
BHD ought to work for both Flybe and EMA with EasyJet giving up BFS/EMA at the end of March. Provided they have got in place an interline agreement with KLM and the timings fit in to some extent with onward connections at Schiphol AMS could do quite well too. Both routes probably have better chances of success than trying to compete with KLM on AMS/LHR!!
Fully agree ATNotts ! The LHR routes to BHD, LBA and AMS look dreadful choices, but I guess they are associated to the former bmi slots.

But the EMA routes should have every reason to succeed, and if BE manage to get a KL code on the AMS route it would be brilliant for EMA pax through ticketing to KL's global network. However, from my time at KL, their pilot unions keep very very tight control on which and how many partner airlines can carry a KL codeshare. But I am REALLY hoping for the codeshare and access to a network carriers hub from EMA.

Maybe the new BE will consider GLA, EDI, NQY, and CDG? (Although CDG is one of the worst hubs for connecting pax)