PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 21st Mar 2022, 14:03
Dan Dare

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Copied from their Facebook page:

“So yesterday afternoon Air Alderney were advertising Islander experience flights from Brighton City Airport (Shoreham) for this weekend. With the scenic flight cost of £39.99 I decided to pop along to support their adventure. I turned up fairly early and found that I was number one in the queue for the first pleasure flight of the day. The aircraft doing the flights would be BN2B-26 Islander G-BLNI c/n 2188. After going through the formalities of being weighed (that’s a first for me) and watching the safety video it was time to board. Under the callsign “Puffin 101” and in glorious sunshine we taxied out to Shoreham’s runway 02. On departing we headed east in a clockwise direction around Brighton city overflying the American Express Community Stadium ( home of Brighton & Hove FC), Brighton Marina, along the coastline and over the sea before turning finals to land on runway 02. A flight just under twenty minutes and thoroughly enjoyable. A big thank you to Air Alderney for putting on the experience and to our pilot Rob who absolutely nailed the landing kissing the runway with a 17 gusting 25 knot crosswind.“

Many people were asking about more flights. No response from Air Alderney