PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation EasyJet/CAE
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2022, 09:01
Juicy_Possum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my stage 3 last Thursday, got an email the following morning to say I'd passed! Very excited, counting down the weeks until course starts!

Funky_Buddha and TheHF: yes stage 3 is remote. You get a presentation from easyJet (up to 1h), with more info about the course, easyJet etc. You then get split into groups of 6 for a group exercise (they assess up to 12 candidates per day, so two groups of 6). They did ask us not to give details of what the exercise we did was, but it's just an opportunity to demonstrate how you work in a group, and they're more interested in how you all do the exercise than what the end result is.

You then have an interview later in the day - mine was at 3pm so I had a fair gap after the group exercise to do some final prep. The interview will normally be 50-60 mins, and mine was with a current easyJet captain (so no bullsh*ting your way through like you might be able to with someone from HR). It was divided into two parts, motivation and competency. Motivation covers why you want to be a pilot for easyJet, your knowledge of the company, and the airline industry. Competency is mostly "Give an example of a time when you did xxxx".

For motivation, the only way to do that is plenty of prep. Make sure you know easyJet as a company well, and know what's going on in commercial aviation currently, that kind of stuff. For competency, have a look at the 8 pilot competencies (I can't post links but just google it). You can ignore 2,3, and 6 in the list as those are more for qualified pilots, and think of some examples from work/university/hobbies/etc that show you doing those things. They like specific examples, so have a think along those lines.

Good luck to those of you still to do your stage 3!