PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Mar 2022, 01:00
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Letter to CASA CEO 21/02/22

21/03/22

To the CEO of CASA, Ms Pip Spence.

As you are fully aware, I have made substantive allegations against a CASA Employee, of Misfeasance in Public Office.

I have submitted that allegation on multiple occasions over the last three years to
  • The CASA Board under the previous Chair.
  • The previous CASA CEO,
  • The CASA Industry Complaints Commissioner (ICC)
  • My local MP Ms Gladys Liu the Member for Chisholm,
  • Publicly on a forum that I have drawn your attention to previously. This topic now has almost 1,000,00 views and over 2000 Posts and can be accessed here. The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions - PPRuNe Forums. My particular topic will most likely be on page one or two under “Normal Threads” its titled “Glen Buckley and Australian Small Business V CASA”
  • The Senate Inquiry into CASA
I am currently preparing my submission to the Senate Committee inquiry into CASA. It is in draft format at the moment. I am drawing on industry feedback but anticipate having it finalised over the next two weeks.

That draft submission can be accessed via that forum, at the link I provided above. Whilst I don’t expect you to review the entire thread again, I would like to draw your attention to Posts #2004 onwards where that draft submission can be found.

There are a number of posts clearly labelled Part 1, Part 2 etc. That is the draft submission. It is not complete at this stage although the components posted are effectively finalised.

I am currently at Part 9 and adding additional Parts, and will continue to do so over the next couple of weeks

To date, there has been no investigation into the conduct of this CASA Employee.

It seems unethical and lacking in transparency, that a CASA employee could have an allegation of misfeasance in public office made against him, over more than two years ago, and there be absolutely no CASA internal investigation against that misconduct, despite all the irrefutable evidence of the commercial harm caused.

These are all matters that I will attend to in that Submission. I am currently up to some “legal aspects” at Part 8 and 9 but intend to continue outlining in Parts 10 onwards.

How easily CASA could have avoided this entire matter, and the harm caused by those decisions made by the CASA employee.

I will divide the harm up into two different components.

The commercial harm to Employees, Customers, Students, Suppliers, other businesses dependent on me, etc and then in the second section, the more personal harm caused to me and my family i.e., financial, reputations, generational, emotional, etc.

The Submission will conclude with well-intentioned suggestions for consideration to improve the safety of aviation and improve General Aviation, most particularly within Regional Areas.

You are fully aware, that I am seeking a meeting with you at the earliest opportunity to raise my allegations before you personally, and, to seek the opportunity for a meeting to redress all parties that were impacted by this matter, with the exception specifically of myself.

I seek only to put every other affected person back in the same situation they were in before CASA so suddenly close my business in October 2018, and as if they had never met me.

With a Federal Election looming, the topic of Government integrity is crucial, and the topic of an anti-corruption body to ensure Government Department transparency is highly pertinent.

Whilst I appreciate that my local MP Ms Gladys Liu is opposed to such a watchdog, I personally will be endeavouring to bring this matter to the attention of my local community, of which I am a 55-year resident of that Community.

The purpose of this letter is to bring my proposed Submission to Senate to your attention.

Request a meeting with you at your earliest opportunity.

I have included all parties mentioned in this correspondence, as recipients.

Respectfully

Glen Buckley