PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2003, 22:15
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never actually worked for a handling company however have had close contact to both companies and staff over the years.

It is clear that after 10 years the same core problems still apparently exist at UK handling companies i.e. staffing, lack of equipment, terms of service.

My experience as a customer has been limited to Servisair who frankly were a shambles, poor equipment etc. staff were good but totally disillusioned and demotivated...it worked...just, through the efforts of the staff

Have had direct experience of the Aviance staff at LGW on my Air Europa commuting. They have always been pleasant and I cannot say as a passenger I have any negative comments. But have chatted to a few and all were unhappy with their lot, reasons as above...

Unfortunately it seems that for many years the margins on providing handling services have been cut to the bone, instigated by the client airlines who swop one year to the next wherever they can get a bit more shaved off the cost...no loyalty, no long term commitment at all, hardly surprising then that the end result is perceived as poor service from the handler. How can they be expected to invest long term in such a short term environment driven by the airlines themselves. You get what you pay for