PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Euroflyer
Thread: BA Euroflyer
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2022, 15:42
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cavokblues, I believe that Gatwick short haul operations were cut back in 2020 partly due to travel restrictions but mainly to protect Heathrow slots.
Thankfully it has been recognised that they do need to have a presence at Gatwick to stop some of the competition having it all their own way and also because Heathrow
will once again become slot restricted in the future. Gatwick is also a cheaper airport to operate from with leisure and VFR traffic being more price sensitive. Premium Economy and Club Europe
cabins do well on most routes. And, before anyway says, those sales are not all seat redemptions either!
Hopefully, as travel returns to greater normality, the BA Euroflyer network will be expanded. I would even like to see some more domestics returning. I simply don't believe the Edinburgh route, for example,
couldn't support a couple of flights a day, even post Covid. We shall have to wait and see. Interesting times ahead hopefully!
Developments will also depend on how much operational freedom BA Euroflyer is really allowed.