PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2022, 22:53
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Buying your way out of a SCANDAL

Originally Posted by ASRAAMTOO
There was an article about it in one of the flying magazines a while ago. I must admit it gave me very mixed feelings.

I was delighted to see that the aircraft are in fact "recoverable" and that they will be used in an excellent cause. Aerobility is a great organisation. I do have a few doubts about how robust they will be in their new role though.

This delight though was probably overcome by sadness and anger that the air cadet gliding organisation was decimated because apparently these aircraft were "not recoverable". I find it amazing that a charity (with a large grant from the government to help them) is able to acomplish this whilst all the resources of the MOD/RAF/ATC were not.

Perhaps we should nominate Mike Miller-Smith to be the next Chief of the Air Staff. (He could be deputy as apparently there is now a vacancy!)
Q How do you cover up a scandal of immense proportions.

Answer, Issue false information out into the public domain, and then 'proclaim' a fantastic solution has been found to a problem (that did not exist ) by spending even more public money that
A :- Does not actually remedy anything other than reputation, B :- Destroys a huge economical 'volunteer' facility for all youth, C :- 'Gives' a public asset away and spends even more money for a business opportunity to third parties with no advantage to the National youth organisation that had its capability destroyed.

Are we surprised at the outcome, of course not, why would a Government organisation that could not even keep a fleet of Gliders serviceable be capable of delivering a fit for purpose solution to complete internal incompetence.