PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volunteer Gliding School Futures
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2003, 20:46
The mother alligator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a FSC on a VGS, and have now started EFT on a UAS. I also attended OASC about a month ago - and have been shortlisted for a GD(P) bursary. The training that I received through the VGS and ACCGS has been invaluable to my success to date. I believe going to OASC with the fact that you have been an FSC under your belt is a huge advantage over pretty much anything that you can do in the Air Cadet Organisation. The boarding officers are looking for an active interest in aviation from a young age, commitment to the forces - and being in a VGS is also character building. I am a big fan of the VGS system, and will do anything in order to support them.
Another thing is UAS's. I hear what has been said about studes not always being of the highest callibre, however, the UAS's do a very good job in training an ever increasing amount of student pilots. It is also the minority who let the team down, I know very few people in the UAS system who are p!llocks, so I think that people assume the worst when they meet only one.
Long live VGS's!!!!
TMA