PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpSec issues from Ukraine War
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2022, 01:32
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by HOVIS
Mods, my question was genuine.
There is concern among some here that posting information could be harmful to friendly forces.
My question may have appeared flippant, however, if genuine intelligence can be gathered here, is it also possible to misinform unfriendly forces in the same way?
Hovis, I didn't take your post to be flippant at all. It is a valid question, just too busy tracking down moved posts to answer LOL.

My question would be "How do you know it is misinformation, and not actually what is happening?" I suggest leaving that to the intel experts to work on.

Back to Falklands and Goose Green...
The Argentinian defenders heard the BBC broadcast that an attack on Goose Green was imminent and the officer in charge took it as a spoof expecting it to divert resources from a real other attack position; he told his chaps at Goose to relax.
edited to add...

On the original discussion in the other thread there was an FR24 screenshot of a single voyager routing northwest. That post was accompanied with the additional bit of info - (with FGR4) . which was not painting.

WHY did that have to be added? Does the poster not see the potential harm in doing so?

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 19th Mar 2022 at 01:43.