PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2022, 10:38
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
Well I had the misfortune to travel through MAN yesterday and witnessed first hand the length of the lines for security. Luckily I was able to avoid them by use of Fast Track, however for those not willing to pay for it, or get it as part of their ticket it looked horrendous.
Mrs Mac has just gone through for her flight and says still long lines but not as bad, as not outside but back to check in T1 and down concourse. She did Fast Track and did car to lounge in 30 min which is pretty good going. However I do not think the management have come out of this very well as the optics on the news look dreadful.
I am in Frankfurt awaiting flight to Amman and even though it’s busy there is nothing like the chaos I witnessed yesterday. As an observation there seems to be a lot of people who do not realise what they can and cannot put in carry on as there were long queues for bags being re scanned for liquid and hair straighteners bizarrely were I went through. Perhaps it is because Manchester has more bucket and spade traffic ie once or twice a year travellers I do not know.

Cheers
Mr Mac