PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2022, 12:53
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biddedout
One way to fix MAN would be to introduce consistency and either scrap bridges across the board or get them all fixed up and working properly with enough qualified drivers and force Lo-cos to pay for and use them.
I dont see why boarding with steps is a safety issue? Airports all across the world, outside North America, manage it just fine. What are the safety and security risks you perceive, I think H&S and fire hazards are fairly low-risk occurrences. The fire doors are closed, rather than being locked? While ramps can be dangerous places people need to take responsibility for their own safety too. Thats as applicable on airport ramps as walking on the street.

Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
That 60% rejection figure is indicative of poor tech and hardware or poor training. At that level and localised once more to Manchester, it's delusional to blame the customer.
The floor walker I mentioned earlier said 73%. He was incredulous that people just dont know what to pack...I did say no other airport has that level of rejection bust decided it wasn't worth winding him up by pointing out that if only 1 in 4 people can meet their standard perhaps the standard is wrong, rather than assuming 3 out of 4 users are idiots and that they are only idiotic at MAN, not on the return/outbound half of their journey?