PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another DJ Near Miss
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2003, 17:04
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my point was that at 110 km/hr I usually know the other car's there, have time to see it coming and time to do something about avoiding hitting it
.....Yeah right!!! Maybe you bunnies can work out a reaction time to a 110 kmh x2 closing speed on 2 feet..
the road is a far safer place to be in
...hmmm, over 1700 of your citizens dead this year and many several thousand more maimed..tell you anything?
And without casting aspersions on our Recreational Pilots.....may fall into any of your first three categories
Actually I think you will find it most likely that your airline pilots may fall into those first three, categories.
Well, lets see:
unskilled : many an airline pilot in Oz is a cadet type with only a few hundred hours, many more have less PIC time than your average GA or private pilot. And they spend nearly all their time on autopilot...
distracted: well, you only need to listen to the airliner disaster transcripts...a very common missing sterile cockpit, not to mention F/Es, flight attendants, jumpseat riders, and others chiping in...
fatigued: 12, 15, 20 hour tours of duty..speaks for itself...
tipsy n' high? we could go on: seen many of the headlines lately?
neurotic: a now evident trait on this forum amoungst many of the more highly strung airline pilots in Australia that have had no experience in domestic US airspace operations.