PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB release report into Malaysian A330 Pitot covers left on....
Old 16th Mar 2022, 18:33
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
An obviously amateur view but when i read the very very clear and well produced report mention of him needing the steps to place the covers and then moved them made me think why not leave them there anyway . If thyew er eneeded elsewhere on the aircraft perhaps do that first and leave the probe covers till last, they aren't going to taxy away or push back with those still there. Another point I picked up was the precise wording under the picture of the aircraft on push back. From the photo it would appear the tug driver could see the streamers whereas in fact he cannot from his cab once the towbar is connected. I thought it was important they pointed that out on the picture not buried in the text.

if I might be indulged with a bit more amateurism, how do Chief Pilots/Operations managers even colleagues etc view the actions of this crew . Basically making a simple but dangerous mistake on walk around, not really handling the go / no go take off issue very well and yet seemingly doing a good job on the hardest part of the whole incident ie getting it back on the ground safely . Again just curiosity on my part . Thanks