PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGW Virgin contract
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2003, 10:21
Who'stheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLP

CLP,

Firstly I would start by saying that there have and if i'm not mistaken SOME v good people who are at and have been thru CLP at GH LGW. but.....

I have worked at LGW and on the VS contract whilst they were handled by GHi, upon a visit to their office on many occasions as an instuctor, (G19, Pink office below little ed's and of course the portakabins) the attitude to was to new employees......,

"don't bother us with silly phone calls, we have enough to do.... not just with Ghi contracts but VS network wide...... look at this mayfly!!!!"

Now granted there are a few LC's who dont have a Brain cell to rub together and shouldn't be in the job, also there are a few who should know better and given the chance they would and there are also those who do an excellent job. But certain people in CLP could be guilty of stated crimes.

I have worked in CLP depts in the UK and continental Europe, I know how irritating it can be, but it is usually the company that you work for piling on unecessary pressures. Some people can deal with it and some cant. So Out of Trim although leezy's comments are not completly constructive they could be seen as justified. However i'm a big believer in treating people as you expect to be treated yourself and Airlines and handling agents can both often fall at this hurdle, too much infighting!!!

WTD

PS. Surely not, If You are talking about the AVS Op mgr at LGW he's a top man, However it'll be an uphill battle for you all, the co. is layered with fools! whereas if you are relating to anything at LHR, you could not be further from the truth. Tony_EM's quotes ring home horribly!

Last edited by Who'stheDaddy; 28th Dec 2003 at 10:37.