PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2022, 09:27
EMACargo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Indeed, when you run a business as i do you quickly become aware that customers want their goods ASAP.

We import much of our "stuff" via airfrieght, the current methodology seems to add days to the process.

1st delay is initial shipment to an airport 200 miles away, as it normally arrives into STN , it now sits there awaiting consolidation with a daily overnight truck to the shed at Manchester. Problem here is the limited trucking frequency as sometimes we have to wait for a suitable slot due demand. Sometimes the goods will go to Heathrow which is actually quicker as there are a multitude of overnight shuttle lorries.

(i do wonder what % of Manchester freight is trucked and skews the figures, are the flown freight figures purely down to a point to point Manchester arrival or do they actually include a significant percentage from EMA or Southern airports passing through the sheds at Manchester ?).

I digress.

1, 2 maybe even 3 days later, our cargo starts moving again, but ironically to as i say its to one of the warehouses adjacent to Manchester Airport where we once used the runway and cargo facilities for the betterment of the wider economy.

Our customers goods now arrive at Manchester airport where they are consildated once again onto a consignment which comes to Amazon at Queensferry.

This part of the story is sensational as the tracking app suggest goods are in the van and out for delivery within 2 hours of arrival.

Hope that is clear for you.
up to 3 day delay for goods coming through Stansted must then be down to delays by your freight forwarder. If you are the forwarder then I would be having a call with your account manager at the carrier to see the issues. Whether the goods fly into STN, LHR EMA or MAN, the goods should never take 3 days longer to get to any address in the North West.
perhaps you need to review your carrier