PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2022, 08:00
Pali

Received 239 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix
On the map in the link it was some islands off Sweden. (Gotland?)

I watched it yesterday and in the hindsight of their misery in Ukraine I started to laugh. They've been talking about miraculous electronic warfare which will blind all western radars in the area, they will sneak to Gotland by swift landing operation and declare no flight zone with 400km radius around Gotland, the weak West (remember that this TV discussion went on in December) will give in and let them take whatever territory they want. Done deal, empire restored.

I know that Russia had invested lot of energy into propaganda side of hybrid war but I wouldn't dream that they will became the major victim as a collateral damage of their own delusions. They banged the drum of marketing with "successful military reform", invincible Armata tank, hypersonic missiles and new precision weapons etc. and apparently believed this nonsense. They talked about inept and corrupt leadership of Ukraine which is hated by own nation and especially Russians living there will welcome the liberating armies of RF.

Blitzkrieg didn't materialise and there was no plan B. So they went to the usual doctrine, means flattening cities to piles of rubble with heavy artillery, especially when conscripts are not very keen to fight.

If they planned anything like taking over Baltic states as a part of this push, now they should know this is far above their manpower and logistics capabilities.