PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2022, 09:08
Brian Pern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ImagineIf
Yes the loads took a hit in recent weeks, many wanting to cancel/re-plan given the current climate in that part of the world - thus making flights non sustainable. Its a couple of hundred miles too close for most people wanting to go on a city break & Lviv on the border is expected to be targeted imminently. Poland has become a hub for refugee & aid coordination too so I can fully understand peoples reluctance to see it as a holiday destination at the moment. As Jet2's core business is the leisure traveler it makes sense to pull back off this route presently & as you point out, other carriers still have flights operating that will retain connectivity for those flying for work or visiting family in Poland or the UK.
Its funny really I have just come back from a few days in Krakow, despite the news broadcasts showing the crisis, there were no real outward signs of anything going on. I had a chat to the pilots, briefly on landing, local crew (Buzz I think) they felt things hadn't really changed, although the UK flights were a bit quieter than other routes. People should not be put off visiting Poland, it reminds me of the Americans canceling plans after 7/7.