View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2022, 06:50
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Interline bags

Originally Posted by GROUNDHOG
Thanks Everyone
Great help.
We cannot check our baggage right through so assume can still collect it at Dublin and stay airside as normal. We normally drive from Cornwall to Heathrow to make fairly regular trips to Vancouver but to soon be able to fly NQY/DUB cuts out that long drive and the fares in business class were way cheaper!
Haven't been to Dublin for over 20 years, remember it as being a great place.
You may find that when you check in for AC flight to DUB that as EI and AC have an Interline agreement if you ask the check-in agent nicely to check all your bags right through to NQY you may find that he/she can do this for you and give your boarding cards for DUB-NQY -
Even if you are on a seperate ticket for the DUB-NQY sector I have found that on legacy airlines it is still often doable for them.
This would then allow you to use the DUB Flight Connections.

Good luck - it's worked for me plenty of times. - and when your board your small plane to NQY ask the ground crew if your I/L bags made it OK - chances are you will see the trolley by the plane anyway with your bags sitting on it.

If they (AC) really cannot check your luggage right through to NQY then yes, you will have to clear Irish Immigration, collect your bags then go through Customs and make your way to the Domestic Terminal check in.

Edit -
Thing is - I'm thinking if you arrive NQY, you would just walk straight off a DUB flight, no UK Border immigration, - so if you remain in the DUB flight transfer connections then how are you ''cleared'' from Canada into the UK>?
Eire (EU) to UK is an 'open border' so no passport checks - BUT you are coming from Canada,
Just a thought...

Last edited by rog747; 12th Mar 2022 at 07:02.