PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Sahara Lands On WRONG runway !!
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2003, 06:16
Nightrider

purr, you may better learn your words a little...

The Coimbatore issue was flown with a 737-300, barely to call a classic. Both pilots at the controls were foreigners. And yes, his respectful allmighty Mr. DGCA (Khola) immediately forced the issue of the amendment to be made in any validation to foreign pilots as per my words in the original posting.

The NEPC issue I am talking about was with a F27-500 on a scheduled service into Hyderabad (VOHY) from Madras (Chennai today, which was my homebase as well these days) but the Wing Commander at the controls landed on his former airforce base just a couple of miles away....and the copilot kept his mouth shut until after touch down, at least the voice recorder gave me that clue!
These both pilots were Indian nationals and it happened after the Coimbatore incident.

And then there was the Saudi B747 which was inbound Madras and landed on the very short strip just southwest of VOMM....

And then there is the Juhu incident and .... if I only account for the few years I was in India, it was stunning to hear and see what all is possible.

Your discussion about the Ooty VOT etc...these days there was a NDB approach into Coimbatore which was even offset by a couple of degrees and the VOR was not even mentioned during the whole approach...so what do you mean by that?
And by the way... I do not blindly criticize... I knew the crew on the Jet airways aeroplane very well...we stayed in the same Hotel in BOM (the Sun-n' Sand for your understanding). And the captain of the NEPC aeroplane is very well known to me...Now who is mixing up things here?