PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2022, 15:34
Lonewolf_50

Received 436 Likes on 274 Posts
Originally Posted by SLXOwft
I saw an interview earlier today, probably on the BBC, of a Ukrainian politician in/from Mariupol who said the Russians are sending in aircraft singly but when one clears the next one arrives. Which suggests to me the missions are being planned assuming no SAM or AAA threat.
I wonder what the ARM/Jamming/ELINT picture looks like. No idea, and I am not sure how one would find that out, but airborne Anti Radiation Missiles and various jamming/spoofing might render Ukraine Air Defense assets less effective.
(What, military aviation content?)
Originally Posted by SLXOwft
Lonewolf - I think terror bombing, no specific target except the inhabitants' mental state.
Since I don't think Vlad and his head shed care as much about collateral damage as we in the West do, deliberate terror bombing as a method is likely.
It may also be a result of an RoE that goes something like this: "hit the target, collateral damage is not a consideration, don't worry about it"
(Which is almost a case of "The RoE is that there is no RoE, other than don't blow up a bridge and don't blow up (important infrastructure)")
Or both.
I am reminded of the "We had to destroy the village to save it" themes coming out of Viet Nam.
Spoiler