PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2022, 10:44
Sip477

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irish_kiwi
Im a medical examiner in Australia, so can't comment on the exact details in the EU.

The Ishihara is a screening test only, it doesn't quantify the level of colour deficiency.

Depending on local regulations, you should be able to undertake a Farnsworth Lantern test (or similar) and if you fail that, a CAD test. Some jurisdictions also allow an occupational assessment (which means you go and play with the lights at night time).

Have a look at YouTube for Farnsworth tests for reference. Check with your examiner about the actual local regulations for subsequent testing on failing the Ishihara. If they dont have the answer, they should be able to research it more appropriately on your behalf.

Regards

Irish Kiwi

Hi Irish,

I did the additional tests after the Ishihara Plate test. This included the anomaloscope test, CAD test and Farnsworth Lantern test.
Unfortunately, I did not meet the minimum requirements. I contacted the AME and my only options 2 options were to do an OCVT or give up the dream.

I never heard about "occupational assessment" though. Could you care to elaborate?

Kind regards,
Sip