PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2022, 10:29
Ninthace

Received 878 Likes on 512 Posts
Originally Posted by dead_pan
It will be interesting to see how this plays out if Russian equipment losses do continue apace. So far there's been no real indication that other units from his military will be committed, just reports of Syrian and Wagner mercenaries and the "will-they-won't-they?" Belarussian forces. Maybe he's holding back in fear of trouble at home or in the various regions where he has his forces committed?

The flip-side is, I doubt the kit the Ukrainians have captured will make up their losses, let alone give them the means to mount a credible counter-offensive.

This latter point is vexing me somewhat - despite their incredible efforts, I can't see a way Ukrainians will be in a position to kick the Russians out of their country any time soon, unless NATO really opened the taps with military aid. And how then would Vlad react, faced with an even more ignominious defeat?
I agree they may not be able to mount a full counter offensive but given the right support they can give the bear severe anaemia to the point where he changes his terms or claims victory and retires to quell unrest on the home front.