PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C205 catastrophic engine failure
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2022, 03:25
megan

Received 413 Likes on 214 Posts
Some C205 data. No flap approach 78 – 87 kts, short field 40° flap 72 kts. Manual gives no best glide speed. Why no flaps in this event? They’re electric, mmmmm, enough battery left to do the job?, or do I keep the radio running for coms with ATC? Decisions, decisions, guess we could give the pilot flak for no mayday or pan (just kidding, ATC was under no misapprehension as to what was occurring).

By my reconning and measurement the chap touched down 2,100 feet into the 6,600 foot runway, close enough to the suggested one third in my book. If anyone wants to complain they need to bring their own thumb tack along upon which to sit

Juan Browne, commentator of the following video, started his flying career as a teenager. He bought his first airplane when he was 15 years old, and has bought and sold dozens of airplanes since.

He earned his A&P license right after graduating high school, then attended college on a ROTC scholarship. After graduation, he was commissioned in the Air Force and attended Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) at Williams Air Force Base.

After UPT, Juan became a T-37 Instructor Pilot at Mather Air Force Base. His next assignment was flying the C-141, and he quickly rose to Aircraft Commander, flying all over the world, nonstop using air refueling.

He next flew C-130 aircraft with the Reno Air National Guard, and finally secured a job as an airline pilot with American.

Type Rated DC-9, 320, 757, 767, 777

Owns and flies a private Cessna 310.

Posted his credentials to give credibility to his view. His attaboy view.