PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2022, 00:07
jolihokistix

Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts
I think the US was wrong to stretch the word 'genocide' to cover what the Chinese were/are doing to the Uighurs in the west. The phrase 'cultural genocide' is a dangerous misnomer. What the Han Chinese are doing is 're-education', systematic forced brainwashing, and ethnic cleansing, perhaps, but not genocide in the traditional etymological sense of the mass killing of a people.

Putin borrowed this loosened verbiage to justify invading the squabbling eastern edge of Ukraine, but what he is now doing in his paranoia to the whole of the Ukraine is a clear war crime, terrorism, and genuine genocide in my opinion. He is systematically surrounding and smashing flat every important city, as they have practiced in Syria. It is also ethnic cleansing as Russian passports are printed out and millions flee. But he hasn't given us any updates as to how many bad-guy neo-Nazis from the Azov brigades around the Donbass and Mariupol he has eliminated.

The only philosophy I can see here so far is a pre-modern, barbaric 'the ends justify the means'. Those 'ends' are a map in his head. Sadly I suspect most in his poor military probably do not know what they are doing in Ukraine or why.

Last edited by jolihokistix; 10th Mar 2022 at 03:03.