PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2022, 20:18
Tartiflette Fan

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Just This Once...
I think we have your number on who is providing biased content. The plant really has been seized by the Russians and nobody serious has suggested otherwise.

Oh nice bate and switch linking the 1986 disaster as the source of all the spent fuel being cooled there. In reality the wider complex remained a functioning nuclear power station until around 2001 and it became a major national store of decommissioned nuclear material, for somewhat obvious reasons, in the period since.
"I think we have your number" Ha ! You sound like that old coot of a sergeant in "Carry on Sergeant" EDIT: William Hartnell

"The plant really has been seized by the Russians nobody serious has suggested otherwise."
Quite correct - it hasn't been discussed at all by anybody. Why are you raising it ? The question is whether the cooling ponds need electricity ( supposedly disconnected by the Russians ) to keep the spent rods at a safe temperature. I hope you can understand this now.

"Oh nice bate and switch linking the 1986 disaster as the source of all the spent fuel being cooled there"
That, by the way, should be "bait", you know , like fish. As for the other part, you re right., I didn't know about the later history of CHernobyl and thought everything stopped with the accident. But tell me, since you seem to be implying I had some other motive for saying that, what "benefit" was it supposed to bring ? Who cares when the rods date from - apart from you, of course?

Last edited by Tartiflette Fan; 9th Mar 2022 at 20:42.