PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2022, 14:13
Tartiflette Fan

Received 287 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by The Helpful Stacker
You are such a wonderful empathetic person aren't you? Yes, let's ignore the suffering of children and the wider populace of a country on our doorstep.
e.

Realistic I think. As i said above, the NFZ doesn't help Ukraine. Slag me off if you wish, but explain to me why I am wrong in my belief that Zelensky wants to spread the war as widely as possible . Explain how the NFZ helps Ukraine when all the damage is being done by artillery and rockets. IMO he sees (probably correctly ) that spreading the war is the only chance of getting the Russians out of Ukraine. If Ukraine manages to fight them to a stand-still there is no way they will relinquish the strategic territory they have won in any "peace-accord". By the way re-read my words, I wrote: "His words and pictures of suffering children must be ignored ( in this case ) " i.e. in this manipulative advert;

" boring all comers with "Cold War Warrior" stories of getting drunk in Hamburg "
Thinking of yourself perhaps ? It's certainly not me, never having been a CWW. and not having been in Hamburg since I was 18.

"Perhaps you need reminding that two of the biggest members of NATO (US and UK) signed an agreement, along with Russia, to respect Ukraine's independence, sovereignty and borders, as well as not use threats of force and economic pressure against Ukraine. The price? Ukraine's large nuclear stockpil"
Perhaps you need reminding that Zelensky signed the renegotiated Steinmeier Formula in 2019 agreeing to recognise the independent status of Donbas which he has reneged on because he subsequently discovered he didn't have the support of his people.( see link )

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-in...utonomy-donbas

I can't change anything that has happened and I have been deeply affected to tears to read and see the terrible events occurring, but believe that if Zelensky got what he is demanding, then many times more people would die than at present and I don't see that as intelligent. Could I be wrong about Putin's likely reaction to a NFZ ? Of course I could, in the same way that Angela Merkel - long praised as the most intelligent and influential European politician/leader - was wrong when she took the decisions to make Germany overwhelmingly dependent on Russian energy.

Last edited by Tartiflette Fan; 9th Mar 2022 at 14:44.