PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2022, 12:32
BrisbaneDoha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mischo1990
Heared bunk time is again payed wages were leta say restored to precovid ammount. I read a lot of posts here on pprune on QR cuz i dont want to be surprised if i get there and Also fatique of the T7 pilots. Thats why they are hiring right now. And about the owning of QCAA. You Can only plan pilots to the amount they are able to fly with a margin of safety. So i guess once they hire enough things will get better. And honestly. People go there for the money only... it's only the ammount you are willing to sell your soul - and this is in every single Job not just aviation 😃
They are hiring because they had to cancel many flights over the last months due to lack of crew. They don't care about fatigue, if they have enough crew to make rosters work having pilots flying 150h/month they are happy and they won't hire more pilots. Why would they? It works to fly 150h/month, most are bonded and can't leave soon. The airline received over 6000 applications they won't change the working conditions, they'll just replace those who leave. If you believe otherwise you're dreaming...
Safety limits were exceeded long before covid started when they introduced new FTL making +100h/month legal, these rules have been there longtime.