PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leonardo Helicopter - Ties to the Russian State
Old 8th Mar 2022, 14:02
rotor-rooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CGameProgrammerr
Nobody is sanctioning China; that would be insane. We are not at war with them, nor are they at war with anyone else. They're trying to maintain relatively friendly relations with Russia because that's important for them due to numerous reasons, but that doesn't make them an enemy.
At no time did I suggest that we are war with China, but you appear to hold a limited perception of the sanctions that are already in place regarding all types of technology and products, think 5G phone technology for example.

I would suggest you do a little research on the International Trade in Arma Regulation (ITAR) and the current US export requirements for all kinds of technology and equipment. There are a huge number of individual organizations that are already sanctioned within China and Russia and they can easily be identified.

For some time now, Dual Use (military and commercial) items require an Export License and the current provision is "Presumed Denial", I'll let you figure out how to interpet that. With the current global situation, it appears highly likely that ITAR will be expanded beyond the original signatories, to include a much greater number of nations and technologies, hence my original comment.