PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 8th Mar 2022, 07:19
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Barnaby Joyce response to post #1912

Dear Mr Buckley Thank you for your email of 1 February 2022 regarding an allegation of misfeasance against an official of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). I understand the matter you raise has a long history, and as you suggest the matter had been raised with the Hon Michael McCormack MP as the then Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore, I understand this matter is well known to CASA, and as you advise aspects of your complaint are subject to a current review by the Commonwealth Ombudsman. As a result, I do not intend to comment on the specific details of this matter. In general terms, I expect all officers of CASA to fully cooperate with official Australian Government processes and act with honesty and integrity. Under the provisions of the Civil Aviation Act 1988 (the Act), CASA is an independent authority. However, as provided for under the Act and as you identify in your email, I have recently issued a Statement of Expectations to the Board of CASA, setting out my views on how CASA should carry out its functions. It is my expectation that this statement will be adhered to. Thank you again for taking the time to write and inform me of your concerns on this matter. Yours sincerely Barnaby Joyce