PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL online and self-study whilst FT job. How much time?
Old 8th Mar 2022, 06:51
F1l1p3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you get

Originally Posted by Aviator172s
Hi everyone,

I am a PPL holder and I would like to continue my studies since, as most of us in this forum as per what I have read by now, I would love to fly as a way of living rather than as an (expensive) hobby.

I am 32 years old (too late for some I presume?), and with the current and upcoming unprecedented crisis many people could think is non-sense to pursue a career in aviation, but at least I want to try it and put all the effort and passion in this challenge, ideally achieving it one day of course...

My main doubts (I have plenty of them...), is how much time would be needed to self-study the ATPL theory by myself, whilst working full time in a demanding job, with few spare time except for weekends, holidays, etc. Is it reasonable to achieve in 2 years' time? I fear that after 35 maybe is too late to be considered for a commercial job position, although I guess it will all depend on how the pandemic/economic crisis evolves, which is a huge unknown at the moment.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.
WHat did you do and how did you get on?