PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Checking Foreign Airlines for Terror Risks
Old 27th Dec 2003, 23:58
Flame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newarksmells

"It tells me a bunch of people from the Middle East flew into the World Trade Centers killing 3,000 pople."

Me thinks you have missed my point..It was very obvious to me in LAX before we boarded the flight to LAS, that the only persons being put aside for extra attention were all visiting non nationals to the US.

Now, bearing in mind.. that the United States authorities issued a Visa for one of the hijackers some weeks after the terrible events of Sept 11, when all the hijackers were known and that these peope had been living, mixing and training in the US for some months before the events.

Do you not think, that, from a security point of view that ALL pax should be subject to random extra checking and not just non US Nationals, also remember that previously to this, the single worst "terrorist" related incident in the US, was caused by Timothy McVeigh, a US Citizen. Am I also not correct in saying that at least one US Citizen was arrested by US forces in Afganistan

So come on now, no need to be sarcastic..can you not accept the fact, that all Pax should be subject to random extra checking and that not all US Citizens are perfect and above suspicion