PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2022, 20:13
GlobalNav

Received 151 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by dead_pan
Contrary view to other posters - alas I don't think there is any prospect of Russia giving up any territory gained, assuming they can "freeze" the conflict at a point which suits (a big if, assuming Ukraine keeps on fighting). Any attack on captured territory would therefore be viewed as an attack on Russia itself and would likely be met with major retaliation (nukes).

The question for me is how the populace in the captured cities will likely respond to living under Russian occupation, especially given Russia's economic travails. Major - and widespread - unrest, could place a major drain on its military resources and morale.
Hopefully the Ukrainians will not give Russia a moment’s peace while it occupies their homeland. And with the drawn out losses of Russian boys, I hope the Russians don’t give Putin a moment’s rest. I’m beginning to care not a wit what Putin thinks is an act of war or not. What the *&$# do you think Russia is doing in Ukraine? That’s an act of unprovoked, unjustified warfare (AKA murder) and I’m tired of us worrying about what that murderer considers an act of war, because he hasn’t been right yet and we should not allow ourselves to be threatened by his considerations. Mind you, we should be very careful, very deliberate and not for a moment, entertain Putin’s considerations. There are too many dead and displaced Ukrainians for that and the threat of him doing the same to neighboring countries is just not acceptable.

I’m glad for the all the aid that the US, NATO and EU are giving Ukraine and hope the flow never ends until all Russian forces have vacated every square inch of Ukraine.