PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How.. just.. how do you convert a Canuck ATPL to an Australian equivalent?!
Old 6th Mar 2022, 20:52
Trollhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been looking at this for next year, can someone answer me where the IR slots in?

The actual steps that need doing (post initial paperwork) I see that you do the two ATPL exams and you also need to do the IREX. But do you do the Instrument flight test they say you need to hold an ATPL as well? Is it just rolled up within the ATPL flight test as part of a conversion? And from the above I am assuming that doing at least the ATPL test on an FFS you're current on overseas is a lot more normal than the website seems to make out (where it says it "may be possible").

Basically trying to work out if its three exams and one flight test in a sim (with a decent amount of prep, practice and study obviously), or some infinitely more complicated thing where I have to go learn how to fly a DA-20 or something and basically do a piston IR again before I would then try and seek out an examiner and sim for the ATPL flight test?

Thanks for any help.