PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Degree Course
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2022, 14:15
Skippy69

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry OP,
I think just blatantly saying that you'd be happy with a domestic carrier is a bit of a stretch I am afraid. I think you'll find yourself in a very big hole (financially) and perhaps its too long in the game and with the family etc to start out. You'll need a few thousand hours to get a domestic gig and the money to get to that level isn't really all that conducive to family life/ mortgage and all that stuff.

What would your first job be? are you willing to drag your kids to live on Elcho Island or Halls creek so that you can satisfy your dream to fly- albeit in a single piston? Have a long hard think- I think you may be getting sold a bit of a lie at your flight school and the truth is that the sacrifice required to make being a pilot worthwhile is something that potentially has already passed.

If i was in your position id consider making it a hobby rather than a career change.

Thats my opinion and I'm just trying to be honest. I hate flight schools and there swindling ways, they will lie and sell you the world and all you're really left with is a big fat debt, Just ask them how many of their CPL's actually get jobs- the answer will be very few. Ive seen loads of fresh CPL guys come and go and after 12 months of trying (sometimes more) they end up giving it away. Its not because they are poor pilots- its because there a re so limited opportunities for the low hour guys.