PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swinburne Degree Course
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2022, 10:58
Chopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bumble_Pilot
It’s pretty hard to work/have a family life. I found to be there 5/6 days a week (2 full days of uni classes, 3 half days of ground school with flying around that) I struggled with doing night shift once a week on the weekend!
A degree isn’t required is most cases if you’ve finished high school. FEE HELP is available at a lot of flight schools now if that’s why you’re looking at a uni course.
Another thing I found when I went through, CAE (flight school for Swinburne is very airline focused training) you don’t go on dirt strips/ learn to fly in crap weather and when I went into GA I was as green as they come when it came to flying into remote communities!!
Very good to know. I never finished high school however have a diploma in paramedicine so am capable of learning.

During our first big lockdown when libraries were closed I was working full time and studying full time with no quiet place to escape so it was extremely challenging with 3 kids at home trying to be home schooled as well.

I've looked into cadetships and a range of options but unfortunately most are geared to the younger school leaver and not to anyone who has a family. I totally get that the first job may also not be totally great but at the very least there is an income of some sort.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.