PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stretched Gazelle or B206L1 C30 for SPIFR
Old 5th Mar 2022, 21:00
biz-buz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by widgeon
If recall correctly , the big issue with SPIFR for a single engine helicopter was the alternate electrical power source . I know that American Eurocopter had a limited STC for AS 350 BA and Bell have one for 407 SR11241DS. Cannot recall how they overcame the power issue.
Interesting to hear all the various comments. I have actually owned a SPIFR certified B206 L1 in the past so it does exist. This Mod was actually installed by Collins prior to delivery by Bell to the client and has all the necessary dual systems altimeters and genes that it needs. Just to remind those who know or who dont know, the Accessory Gearbox on the C28 and I believe on the other versions 20B and 30P, I think, actually has a secondary Generator fixing pad on the opposite side of the Gearbox to the Starter Gene, this secondary pad is only used as a Gene. The advantage of this secondary one is that it is driven a different drive train, if the engine stops for what ever reason, the standby gene keeps turning as there is a bypass gear train in the gearbox which keeps it generating. Just FYI the fitting of a C30 engine to a L1 does not make it a L3. It makes it a L1 with a C30 upgrade.