PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss over Launceston Virgin DJ
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2003, 19:57
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am disappointed that pro-NAS members have yet to present a case that shows how the NAS does not reduce safety.

I have a genuine interest; not being the burning bush, maybe I have missed something and I await to be enlightened.

Personally, I believe the whole thing has a few too many holes, and relies on the wrong thing, including the big sky and luck. The instigators figure that if they stay quiet, then the dissent wil go away (typuical of this current government).

Also, the attitude of many (but not all, thankfully) of the recreational/casual users of Australian airspace has been absolutely appalling - too lazy to learn the procedures and use them properly, and hence expecting the rest of us to 'dumb it down' to an unsafe level. Yet there is no answers to proper questions except accusations of fear of change and of being 'luddites'. It's a pity that envy can be so prevalent.

Also, why are the airlines so quiet about it? Scared to scare off business? If the pilots are so against the new system, what are they doing WITHIN THEIR OWN ORGAnISATION to bring some pressure to bear that the companies make a full and proper representation to the minister/public?

My biggest worry is that it will take the loss of an airliner to nake the problem 'obvious'.